Last updated: June 10, 2019
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THESE WEBSITES. These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) are a legal contract between you and Upgrade Labs, Inc. (“Upgrade Labs”, “we”, “us” or “our”). By using the websites at upgradelabs.com (collectively, the “websites”), including purchasing products from these websites, or by clicking a box that states that you accept or agree to these Terms, you signify your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use these websites.You agree that by using these websites, you are at least 18 years of age, or visiting under the supervision of a parent or guardian, and legally able to enter into a contract. If you are viewing and using the website on behalf of your employer or Upgrade Labs®, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to bind your employer and Upgrade Labs® to these Terms. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically. We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time without notice to you. If you use these websites after the revisions are made, you agree to such revisions. If you do not agree to these revised Terms, please do not use these websites.
1. WEBSITE We grant you a limited license to access and use these websites for your personal use, and to copy, distribute, and transmit the content of these websites only to the extent that such copying, distribution, and transmission is automatically done through your browser software incidentally to using these websites for your personal use or for the purpose of purchasing Upgrade Labs® products for resale if you are an authorized reseller of such products (“Authorized Reseller”) (see Section 24 below). This license does not include any resale or commercial use of these websites or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, or descriptions; any derivative use of these websites or their contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or data gathering and extraction tools.
Except as permitted above, these websites or any portion of these websites may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Upgrade Labs®. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Upgrade Labs®’ name or trademarks without the express written consent of Upgrade Labs®. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Upgrade Labs®.We reserve the right to change any information, features and functions of these websites without prior notice. We reserve the right to stop supplying Upgrade Labs® products at any time at our absolute discretion. We may refuse service, terminate accounts and/or deny access to any or all parts of these websites if you engage in any conduct or activities that we determine, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms, our rights or the rights of any third party. Use of these websites for any illegal or unauthorized purpose is strictly prohibited. 2. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE As a condition of your use of these websites, you warrant to us that you will not use these websites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You may not use these websites in any manner, which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair these websites or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of these websites. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through these websites. 3. NO MEDICAL ADVICE The information contained on these websites, or provided at your request, is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical or health care advice. While we may offer some products on these websites that are classified as food, beverage, or dietary supplements products regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, we do not market or sell such products for the purposes of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. We do not recommend any particular form of medical treatment or that persons manage their own health problems without the advice of a licensed health care practitioner. Information found or received through these websites should not be used in place of a visit with, call to, consultation or advice from a health care provider. If you suspect you have a medical problem, or should you have any health care related questions, please promptly call or see your health care practitioner. Before using any products offered on these websites, carefully read all labels and heed all directions and cautions that accompany the products. 4. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES The products and services made available on these websites are intended for personal use only or if you are an Authorized Reseller then solely for the purpose of purchasing Upgrade Labs® products for resale under Section 24 below . Except in the case of Authorized Resellers (see Section 24 below), you may not assign, transfer, re-market, resell or otherwise dispose of, such products and services without obtaining Upgrade Labs®’ prior written consent. Upgrade Labs® and its suppliers may cancel or modify purchases on these websites if it appears that they are the result of fraudulent or inappropriate activity, including those listed directly above in this section, or under other circumstances where it appears that the purchase contains or has resulted from a mistake or error. Other terms and conditions included on these websites, including return and shipping policies, may apply to your purchase and are incorporated by reference herein. We may revise and discontinue products at any time. We reserve the right to limit order quantity at any time without notice. Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. 5. BILLING AND PAYMENT Terms of payment are within our sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to by us, payment must be received by us prior to our acceptance of an order. Payment for the products ordered through the websites may be made through a valid credit card, debit card or other payment method offered through the websites.. Orders are not binding upon us, until accepted by us. We reserve the right to refuse and refund any order or part of any order placed on these websites. Additional payment terms for Authorized Resellers set forth in Section 24 below.
6. SHIPPING AND TAXES Product is shipped FOB Shipping Point/FOB Origin. That is, you are the buyer or Authorized Reseller pay shipping costs and take responsibility for products when they leave the Upgrade Labs® warehouse. Separate charges for shipping and handling will be shown on the checkout page. Unless you provide us with a valid and correct tax exemption certificate applicable to the product ship-to location prior to our acceptance of the order, you are responsible for sales and all other taxes associated with your order, however designated, except for our franchise taxes and taxes on our net income. If applicable, a separate charge for taxes will be shown on the checkout page.7. TITLE; RISK OF LOSS Title to products passes from us to you on shipment from our facility. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping is your responsibility. Title to any software will remain with the applicable licensor(s). 8. RETURN POLICIES Except for Authorized Resellers, products that are purchased directly from these websites may be returned by you within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase for a full refund less shipping and handling. Only one opened package of any like product is eligible for return. All others of the same product must be in a factory sealed container to be eligible to be returned for a refund. The return policy for Authorized Resellers is set forth in Section 24 below. 9. ACCOUNTS Some services on these websites permit or require you to create an account to participate or to secure additional benefits. You agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration processes (the “Registration Data”). You shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of that username and password, and are responsible for all activity on your account whether or not authorized. You also agree to promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to these websites.
We may suspend or terminate your account and your ability to use these websites or portion thereof for failure to comply with these Terms or any special terms related to a particular service, for infringing copyright, or for any other reason whatsoever.10. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS When you use the websites, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the websites. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. 11. FORUMS / BLOG / SOCIAL MEDIA “Forum” means an area, site or feature offered as part of these websites that offers the opportunity for users to post content for viewing by one or more website users, including a chat area, message board, instant messaging, mobile messaging, social community environment, profile page, conversation page, blog, e-mail function (including electronic greeting cards and send-a-friend e-mails). Additionally, “Forum” includes any other website page created by Upgrade Labs®, on one or more social media pages, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
You acknowledge that Forums and features offered therein are for public and not private communications, and you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any content posted to a public Forum. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any of these Forums; you make such disclosures at your own risk. You agree to use the Forums only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to a particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Forum, you will not:
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
Publish or make any claims about any product or services that are false or misleading or post any testimonial about products or services that you have not used.
Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Forum specifically allows such messages.
Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying a Forum.
Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Forum.
Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content you post on or through these websites under your username or otherwise by you in any Forum and for the consequences of submitting and posting same. We have no duty to monitor any Forum, although we reserve the right to review material posted to a Forum and to remove any materials in our sole discretion. Upgrade Labs®, markets and sells various food, beverage and dietary supplement products. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Upgrade Labs®, and the administrators of these websites and any Forum on these websites reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations issued pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.We reserve the right to terminate your access to any or all Forums at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. We owe you no obligation, and therefore may refuse to post, deliver, remove, modify or otherwise use or take any action with respect to content you post on these websites. Also, you should be skeptical about information provided by others, and you acknowledge that the use of any content posted on any Forum is at your own risk. For example, we are not responsible for, and we do not endorse, the opinions, advice or recommendations posted or sent by users in any Forum and we specifically disclaim any and all liability in connection therewith.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT Upgrade Labs® respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. Upgrade Labs® may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to these websites for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on these websites, please provide Upgrade Labs®’s designated agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. 512:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at these websites, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Upgrade Labs® to locate the material.
Information reasonably sufficient to permit Upgrade Labs® to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upgrade Labs®’ agent for notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on these websites can be reached as follows: Upgrade Labs® Copyright Agent, 1750 112th Avenue NE, Suite C-242, Bellevue, WA 98004; Fax: 425-502-7678; Email: email@example.com.
Please also note that for copyright infringements under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a valid DMCA take-down notice that we have received. If you receive such notice from us, you may provide us with a counter-notification in writing to the Upgrade Labs® designated agent that includes all of the following information:
Your physical or electronic signature;
Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Upgrade Labs® may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Termination of Repeat Infringers Upgrade Labs® reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of these websites who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
13. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF USING THESE WEBSITES AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THESE WEBSITES. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED, THESE WEBSITES AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THESE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH OTHERWISE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, UPGRADE LABS® AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UPGRADE LABS® DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THESE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THESE WEBSITES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THESE WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. UPGRADE LABS® DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THESE WEBSITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ON WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
UPGRADE LABS® AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THESE WEBSITES OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF UPGRADE LABS® OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.14. COPYRIGHT The technology underlying, and the entire contents of these websites, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilation or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws, and is the property of Upgrade Labs®, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property or proprietary rights. The collective work includes works that are licensed to Upgrade Labs®. Copyright 2017 Upgrade Labs, Inc. All rights reserved. 15. UPGRADE LABS TRADEMARK GUIDELINES Upgrade Labs® and other Upgrade Labs® names and logos used on these websites are owned by Upgrade Labs Inc. (“Upgrade Labs® Trademarks”). The Upgrade Labsv Trademarks are valuable assets of Upgrade Labs® and any unauthorized use of the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks is strictly prohibited. These Upgrade Labs® Trademark Guidelines contain detailed information about how to refer to Upgrade Labs®’ trademarks in different scenarios. These Trademark Guidelines are designed to ensure proper legal use of the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks and to prevent customer confusion that can result from improper or illegal usage.
Proper use of the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks is important. You may use the Upgrade Labs® trademarks to accurately describe or refer to Upgrade Labs®’ goods and services, provided you follow these Guidelines.
The font size of the phrases using the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks should not be larger than the surrounding font, and should not appear more prominently than the name/logo of your own product or business.
You may not use the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks to direct your visitors to the Upgrade Labs® homepage and products page without our written permission.
Do not use the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks in a way that would mislead consumers that you or your products or services are somehow related to, endorsed by, or affiliated with Dave Asprey or Upgrade Labs®.
Never use a Upgrade Labs® trademark as a possessive or in a plural form.
Upgrade Labs®, Product, Service. You may not place your name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to (or combine them with) the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks.
Logos. You may not use the Upgrade Labs® logos, artwork, trade dress, designs or any combination of these, or any trademark including these (together, the “Logos”), for any purpose without prior written consent from Upgrade Labs®.
Domain Names, Meta tags, Hidden Text. You may not incorporate the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks in any domain name, meta tag, or other hidden text in a web page without prior written authorization from Upgrade Labs®.
Internet Advertising Keywords. You may not use or incorporate the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks in any internet advertising keyword, Ad Word, hashtag, or other term used to trigger advertising or search engine results without prior written permission from Upgrade Labs®.
Merchandise Items. You may not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items bearing any of the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks without first obtaining a written license from Upgrade Labs®.
For federally registered trademarks owned by Upgrade Labs®, the ® symbol must accompany these trademarks and Upgrade Labs® should be properly identified as the owner of these federally registered marks in a footnote that reads, for example, “UPGRADE LABS® is a registered trademark owned by Upgrade Labs, Inc.”
For pending applications or common law trademarks owned by Upgrade Labs®, the TM or SM symbol must accompany these trademarks and Upgrade Labs® should be properly identified as the owner of these trademarks in a footnote.
Social Media Guidelines
Do not use Upgrade Labs® Trademarks as any part of your social media account name, user name, page name, or as a community name.
General Use Guidelines
Use capitalization consistently.
Spell the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks correctly and do not abbreviate them, or combine or hyphenate the respective words in the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks. Do not split the marks onto separate lines of copy.
Use the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks only as adjectives modifying the generic term for the product or service and never use the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks as nouns or as verbs.
Goodwill. All uses and goodwill associated with the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks will inure to the benefit of Upgrade Labs®.
Reservation of Rights. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, Upgrade Labs® reserves the right to terminate permission to copy, reproduce, or display the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks and to demand that the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks cease to be used at any time, in its sole discretion. Upgrade Labs® reserves the right to object to unfair uses or misuses of its Upgrade Labs® Trademarks and other violations of law, as well as uses that Upgrade Labs® in its sole discretion deems unlawful or improper, even if such use is not expressly prohibited by these Guidelines. Upgrade Labsv reserves the right to revise these Trademark Guidelines at any time, without notice.
For any questions regarding the proper usage of the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks, the proper notices, or to seek permission to use the Upgrade Labs® Trademarks please contact Upgrade Labs® at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to a customer’s satisfaction by contacting us at email@example.com. This Dispute Resolution and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver provision (“Provision”) facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and Upgrade Labs® Parties as defined below. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution in which persons with a dispute waive their rights to file a lawsuit, to proceed in court and to a jury trial, and instead submit their disputes to a neutral third person (or arbitrator) for a binding decision.
Please read this Provision carefully. It provides that all Disputes between you and Upgrade Labs® Parties shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this arbitration agreement, you may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Except as otherwise provided, entering into this agreement constitutes a waiver of your right to litigate claims and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow this agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorneys’ fees). For the purpose of this Provision, “Upgrade Labs® Parties.” means Upgrade Labs, Inc. and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Upgrade Labs® Parties. regarding any aspect of your relationship with Upgrade Labs® Parties. whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, or negligence), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Provision (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced, and shall include any claims against other parties relating to services or products provided or billed to you (such as Upgrade Labs® Parties’ licensors, suppliers, dealers or third-party vendors) whenever you also assert claims against us in the same proceeding. WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PROVISION.
Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution For all Disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first give the Upgrade Labs® Parties an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by mailing written notification to the Vice President of Finance and General Counsel of Upgrade Labs® at firstname.lastname@example.org. That written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, (3) a written description of your Claim, and (4) a description of the specific relief you seek. If any of the Upgrade Labs® Parties does not resolve the Dispute within 45 days after it receives your written notification, you may pursue your Dispute in arbitration.
Arbitration Procedures If this Provision applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above (Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution) either you or the relevant Upgrade Labs® Parties may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a class arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Provision.
For arbitration before AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Provision governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
Because these websites and these Terms concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
Arbitration Award – The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator will make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
Location of Arbitration – You or Upgrade Labs® Parties may initiate arbitration in either Seattle, Washington or the federal judicial district that includes your billing address. In the event that you select the federal judicial district that includes your billing address, any of the Upgrade Labs® Parties may transfer the arbitration to Seattle, Washington in the event that it agrees to pay any additional fees or costs you incur as a result of the transfer, as determined by the arbitrator.
Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs – The relevant Upgrade Labs® Parties will pay all arbitration filing fees and arbitrator’s costs and expenses upon your written request given prior to the commencement of the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that you incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if you provide notice and negotiate in good faith with Upgrade Labs® as provided in the section above titled “Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution” and the arbitrator concludes that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
Class Action Waiver The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless both you and all of the relevant Upgrade Labs® Parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.
Jury Waiver You understand and agree that by entering into this Agreement you and Upgrade Labs® Parties are each waiving the right to a jury trial or a trial before a judge in a public court. In the absence of this Provision, you and Upgrade Labs® Parties might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). Except as otherwise provided below, those rights are waived. Other rights that you would have if you went to court, such as the right to appeal and to certain types of discovery, may be more limited or may also be waived.
Severability If any clause within this Provision (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Provision, and the remainder of this Provision will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Provision will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
Continuation This Provision shall survive the termination of your account or other relationship with the Upgrade Labs® Parties. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Upgrade Labs® makes any change to this Provision (other than a change to the Notice Address), you may reject any such change and require the Upgrade Labs Parties to adhere to the language in this Provision if a Dispute between you and the Upgrade Labs® Parties arises.
20. LOCAL LAWS; EXPORT CONTROL Upgrade Labs® controls and operates these websites from its headquarters in the United States of America and the products and material offered on these websites may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use these websites or the products outside the United States of America, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
21. APPLICABLE LAW Your use of these websites shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Washington, U.S.A., without regard to its choice of law provisions.
22. TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, Upgrade Labs® shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card or debit card charged. If your credit card or debit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Upgrade Labs® shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card or debit card account in the amount of the charge.
23. TERMINATION The provisions relating to Intellectual Property Infringement, Copyrights, Upgrade Labs® Trademark Guidelines, Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver, Local Laws; Export Control, Applicable Law, and Typographical Errors shall in all events survive any termination of your account or any termination of these Terms.
24. RESELLER PROVISIONS You may be permitted to purchase Upgrade Labs® products as an Authorized Reseller. Authorized Reseller shall have the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to purchase from Upgrade Labs® products on the Upgrade Labs® Authorized Reseller List for resale to consumers solely through Authorized Reseller’s websites as approved by Upgrade Labs®. If Authorized Reseller violates any of the following provisions, Upgrade Labs® may immediately terminate such party’s status as an Authorized Reseller and pursue any other appropriate legal remedies, including, without limitation, damages for breach of these terms: